Our key objective is to ensure you leave our course a better-skilled, more confident telemarketer.
Our cold calling courses have a structured agenda that is divided into three parts; before the call, during the call, and after the call. Nonetheless, it’s worth noting that all of our telemarketing courses can be tailored to suit the specific needs of our clients, so feel free to get in touch if you have any questions about the courses.
Before the Call
The first part of our training will focus on the key steps of preparation before the call. The old saying ‘fail to prepare, prepare to fail’ is a valuable truth in this industry. As such, this section of the course involve:
- Developing the right mental attitude: Learn how to cultivate a calm mind and foster a positive attitude towards cold-calling, along with overcoming any personal obstacles to success.
- Script preparation: Learn what makes a truly powerful and compelling script, capable of clinching a decision-maker’s interest in the first 20 seconds. Then put that into practice by creating and rehearsing your own script. This section will include one-to-one coaching on script delivery where you will receive guidance on tone, pace, pitch and modulation.
- Objection handling: With proper practice and planning common objections like “I have no budget” can be turned to the cold-caller’s advantage.
During the Call
The second part of our training will take a look at all the aspects of the conducting the perfect sales call. This involves:
- Getting past the gatekeeper: Useful guidance on how to get past secretaries using two contrasting approaches.
- Handling prospects: Training on powerful questioning techniques, including welcoming questions from prospects and how to use them, tailoring answers to prospects, uncovering the “Pain”, the power of referrals and assumptive closing.
After the call
Sometimes a rather neglected area by cold callers, this session will focus on how to make the most of a cold call after the receiver has been put down!
- Following up: How to use compelling language to tailor a great follow up email.
- Measuring and targeting: Guidance on personal targets versus official targets, plus monitoring /tracking of results.
- Motivation skills: Eliminating down periods, with tips on keeping the momentum going and staying positive!
- Measurable action points: These will form a blueprint of telemarketing best practice, and will be used by the client to track progress. These action points can be used straight away by our clients.
We also offer half-day workshops for groups of up to 15 people. These lively and engaging courses are a great way of energising and focusing cold callers. Workshops include one to one coaching with attendees where scripts, objection handling and assumptive closing will be put into practice with fresh, real-life cold calls.
Alternatively, if time constraints and logistical reasons prevent you and your team from joining one of our courses or workshops we have a couple of solutions.
- In house training: We will come to your office to provide bespoke in-house coaching and mentoring to improve the productivity and effectiveness of your telemarketing teams.
- Skype Masterclass: Ideal for team refreshers or one-to-one coaching, we also provide cold call sales training via Skype.
To speak to our team about delivering a course, workshop or in-house training for your business, get in contact by completing a form. For more information about the course, please see our training brochure.
Please note that all of our courses are accredited by the CPD (Continuing Professional Development) Standards Office headquartered in the UK. This means that the learning value has been independently scrutinised to ensure quality and integrity, and that we are a CPD points provider. CPD accreditation is compatible with global CPD Standards.